PERUVIAN CHICKEN CHILI-SAUCE - VIDEO

Welcome to Cooking with Wendy,  yesterday I went to downtown, 1.5 hr away from where I live, but it was worth it. I found several Latino Supermarkets, and even a tiny Peruvian Restaurant,  shame on me that I found it when I just had lunch :( I bought many things for my kitchen and be able to offer you more variety of dishes. 
Today I bring you something super easy and delicious to make! Remember the Aji de Gallina or Peruvian Chicken Chili-Sauce..., I'll show you how I make it! Here I go.


Ingredients (3-4 servings)
2 Chicken Breasts 
1 large diced onion 
1 tsp of crushed garlic
1 1/2 Aji Amarillo or Yellow Pepper (or 3 tbsp bottled pasta)
4 slices of bread
2 cups Fresh Milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Oregano to taste
1 pinch of  Nutmeg 


Video Tutorial:



Preparation Steps:
Step 1:  Put water in a pot and boil the chicken, I use boneless chicken breast. Do not forget to take a little salt, garlic, oregano, I always put a bit of black pepper (optional).
Cooking the Chicken Breast

Step2: Once cooked the chicken we shred or string it, diced onion and garlic.
* The chicken broth we get is good for preparing this dish or make a Classic Chicken Soup.
Left: Chicken
Right: Garlic (packaging)/Chopped Onion

Step 3: Blend bread (I use whole wheat), milk and yellow pepper (no veins nor seeds)
TIP: If you like spicy food add  half or less of the vein and blend everything!
Blender with bread, milk and yellow pepper

Blending
Step 4: medium heat temp- In a pot fry with a little oil the garlic, then add onions, oregano, salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg or nutmeg (optional)
Frying the garlic

Frying onion

Shift of oregano

Salt

Pepper

Now a touch of nutmeg (optional)

Step 5: Time to join the elements... I mean the liquid in the blender, empty it all!

Adhering all the fluid liquefy a while ago

Let a little hot mixture and
then shredded chicken sticks


Now let all the flavors come together, have to bake
least 15 minutes over medium heat, always
stirring the mixture inspected to not go burn

Step6: Once ready you will notice that the mixture take body is thicker, if a little dry time add more milk or chicken broth :) and READY!
Now we set up the dish, as you know Peruvian friends, the Chicken Chili-Sauce is commonly accompanied by white rice, boiled potato and egg ... but I do not like potatoes and rice mix very often for its high carbohydrate fattening, so here I present my dish served with white rice and a touch of egg. Enjoy!! ... The rich came true! my husband was happier than ever: D lol ....

1 comment:

  1. This is my wife's favorite dish. I think you should have a printable version button on the page to easily print out the recipes. If you do and I didn't see it I apologize :D

    ReplyDelete